Saturday 14 May 2011

Friday 13th

I’ve never been superstitious and consider the observance of this day as hooha perpetuated by a story-hungry media.

Luck is a nonsensical notion and often comes from ignorance blended with coincidence.

You make choices in life (consciously or not) which contribute to where you are today. Life happens to you and you deal with it.

It’s just silly to sum up points in time as lucky.

They’re not. They just happened.

Some people say they feel lucky that such a thing happened. They don’t. They feel happy that it happened. You don’t feel luck.

I resent people being referred to as lucky, especially if it’s me. It infers a lack of control and a propensity for having good things happening to you.

I don’t feel lucky. I’m not lucky…. and I’m not unlucky.

I feel joy when my little boy calls out “Daddy” and asks for “Cuggles”.

I feel pride when my girls come home with their accomplishments etched on a certificate or a glowing report card.

I feel unbridled, tear-jerking love for my kids each and every day of my life.

I still feel passion and unending love for my wife and my heart still skips a beat when she comes home from the shops. I love to watch her sleep and am thankful for her being able to keep me together.

But lucky. No. (and unlucky, no)

So Friday 13th? Bollx

No comments: